Like so many organizations, the LGBT Asylum Support Task Force relies on the generous donations of its volunteers and supporters to support our mission. On average, we require $800 per month to provide the basic necessities of shelter, food, and support for each asylum seeker. Your contributions make a real difference. There are many ways to contribute to the LGBT Asylum Support Task Force - we hope you'll join us in helping LGBT refugees find safety and security during their legal process. Below are just a few ways you can get involved.
- Make a secure online donation or mail a check to us at the mailing address listed at the right.
- Check with your employer to see if they offer an Employer Matching Gifts Program whereby they match charitable contributions made by employees.
- Donate gift cards from area stores where asylum seekers can purchase needed toiletries and household items.
In Kind Support
- Goods: toiletries, food, new or gently used household items. Pre-paid cell phones and phone credits are especially appreciated.
- Services: local transportation services, legal support, medical/dental treatments, child care, job training, tutoring, social services, and so much more!
- House an asylum seeker in your home.
- Provide pro bono legal assistance.
- Host an educational/fundraising event.
- Research available grants and assist with grant applications.
- Raise awareness in your community.
- Become a LGBT Asylum Task Force member.
Copyright ©2011 - All Rights Reserved - LGBT Asylum Support Task Force